Thursday, January 03, 2008

My Way

The Road Not Taken
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
-Robert Frost-


At this point in time, I imagine that I am Robert Frost when he was standing in the woods where the road diverged into 2, and while deciding which road to take he wrote a poem.

The latest issue in my life is deciding on the hospitals to apply for my housemanship. Everybody asks the same question,
"Do you want to go to Sabah or Sarawak?"

I had decided some time ago to apply some place near home, but personally I have no objections going to Borneo. It will be a challenge, to start a new life away from home, away from my parents.

I do not know if there is a difference staying in KL. Work exposure and workload should be the same. I am still going to be a houseman for 2 years. I still want to be a paediatrician at the end of the day.

So now I am standing at the diverging road, wondering if I should stay or go. If I decide to go, all I have to do is to tell the authorities during my interview, and I'll be on my way.

Do I follow Frost in taking the road less traveled by? Knowing how way leads to way, if I go, will I ever come back?

No comments: