Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Evil Bites

I've discovered the most evil creation of mankind.
It is called Hup Toh So.

These cute little almond cookies are small, aromatic, tasty and oh-so light and crumbly. One cannot get enough of them once one had started popping them into the mouth.
The crumbly sweet bits simply melt in your mouth. I think eating this is better than eating ambrosia.
Found in abundance during festive seasons, this container of pure delight was a gift from an acquaintance.
I started with one innocent-looking piece. It was gone in a few seconds. Unsatiated, I took another, to savour its rich taste of almond, and then another, and another. I have been addicted to it ever since I started on Monday. This is the new opium. For me, at least.
You might wonder what is so evil about a few pieces of cookies.
Here's a piece of nutritional fact which will make you cringe. 2 pieces of this mini biscuit the size of a 20cent coin contains 160kcal. That is equivalent to eating 2 slices of bread!
And I eat at least 10 pieces of this sinful cookie a day. I cannot imagine stomaching 10 slices of bread in a week!
These almond cookies apparently contains lard(lemak babi!!) which makes it yummy and crumbly.
Works well with my tastebuds, definitely not with my weight :(
But like all other Chinese, we would say, "Once a year only mah."
Feeds the metabolic syndrome, surely. What the heck, we only live once.
Happy Valentine's Day, by the way.
14.2.2008(4.33am) - I forgot yesterday was the 7th day of Chinese New Year, which is the common birthday of man. Darn... all these years I would celebrate at home with my family. Next year, perhaps.

No comments: