Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Shopaholic effect - to my dad's pleasure

After reading 2 Shopaholic books - Confessions of a Shopaholic and Shopaholic Ties the Knot - by Sophie Kinsella, I was horrified by the effect it had on me. I went out shopping twice after reading the books, and both times I came back home with nothing more than a Guardian bag. Okay, I forgot the time I went out with my sister and we bought a few items because they were on 70% discount.

Reading the book which was entertaining but there were many times I felt like strangling the protagonist coz she was a complete klutz and behaved like an ostrich everytime she faces a problem. The effect was scary. Everytime I visit a mall nowadays, I don't even have the urge to buy something. That of course pleases my dad very much.

I can't really say how long this unspending state will last since the Hong Kong trip is in 3 weeks and I am already thinking of the things I'm going to get there....

No comments: